Friday, December 7, 2007

Accusation: “The book of Mormon contradicts the New Testament and takes away from what Jesus Christ did on the cross."

Accusation: “The book of Mormon contradicts the New Testament and takes away from what Jesus Christ did on the cross."

-This is a statement made by someone who has clearly not read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover.
It speaks for itself:
Nephi, The author of the first two –books- in the Book of Mormon wrote (early 6th century BC) of what he saw in vision:
“And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked and beheld the Lamb of God, that he was taken by the people; yea, the Son of the everlasting God was judged of the world; and I saw and bear record.”
‘And I, Nephi, saw that he was lifted up upon the cross and slain for the sins of the world.” -1 Nephi 11:32-33
Jesus Christ himself said to a group of Nephites (ancient Americans)
“And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil….” -3 Nephi 27:14
Regardless of whether you believe the Book of Mormon to be true or not, It still teaches about the same Jesus Christ you read about in the New Testament.

No comments:

....get new posts emailed to you....

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 
Thanks for visiting. Subscribe to my feed to keep updated.